buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, March 22, 2015

March Madness

So apparently there was some basketball game on today. And I guess that there were a couple of teams from Kansas playing against each other. People seem to think that it's a pretty big deal.

I missed it. But I'm not upset about it at all.

Because if I would have sat in front of a TV all afternoon to watch a game, I would have missed out on a lot of other stuff.

The smell of a load of laundry hung outside on the line to dry in the breeze.....


Watching the boys playing made up games out in the yard for hours upon hours....


Finding little hidden gems around the yard - they might  be weeds, but they're still beautiful.


The first bouquet of the season, picked just for you, Mom!!!


The gorgeous sky.


The excitement as the boys discovered yet another crystalline rock in the yard....


Seeing the first blooms on the flowers that I planted last year....


I wouldn't have gotten more of the garden area tilled....


I wouldn't have heard the birds chirping in the trees that are just starting to bud...


I would have missed the sunset....


I would have missed the sheer joy on the boys' faces as they sat around the firepit after they got baths.


I would have missed the first glimpse of the moon.


And I would have missed the opportunity to make a wish on the first star of the evening.


So, no. I'm not too terribly upset that I missed a basketball game. 

2 comments:

  1. I DO BELIEVE THIS IS THE BEST BLOG YOU'VE DONE. IT'S WHO I AM. THE REST OF WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE WORLD I CAN'T CHANGE BY MYSELF. SO WHY WOULDN'T ANYONE WANT TO STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES/////
    GOD IS SO GREAT. DON'T YOU THINK? I'VE LOVED WATCHING THE BOYS GROW. I'M SURE THEY'LL SAY ONE DAY --WHAT A WONDERFUL MOM WE HAD GROWING UP.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.