buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fishing and Father's Day

The Dude and I decided to take Daniel and go for a spur-of-the-moment fishing trip late yesterday afternoon. We grabbed some hot dogs and s'mores fixin' stuff and took off for a few hours. The fish were absolutely NOT biting at all, but we still had a nice, quiet, relaxing time (in spite of the drunks at the next campsite). The fish started biting after it got dark, but none of us caught anything.

Heading out

Always a gorgeous drive

Lakeside

Relaxing

Still one of my all-time favorite views

Why, hello there Mr. Turtle. Now go away.

Bored out of his skull

Beautiful sky

The sunset was amazing.

Discussing the finer points of s'mores, I'm sure.

Fishing by the light of the moon.

Love nights like this.
This morning, we all slept late - even me. By the time that we got up and got moving, we were all hungry and so we decided to take The Dude out for a Father's Day lunch. Daniel gave him a card that he had picked out and signed all by himself, which totally melted my heart - and I think that The Dude was pretty darned happy with it too.

Walking to lunch

Stopping to check out the scenery under the bridge

The card.
Not a bad weekend, if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

  1. MOVE OVER KATERI, I WAS THERE FIRST. J/K. HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE THAT CHILD.
    ALSO I WANT TO SAY. I THINK I'VE GOT A DUDE CRUSH BUT DON'T TELL GRAMPS.
    ALSO I LOVED ALL THE PICTURES BUT THE FIRST ONE IS MY FAVORITE ONE.IT LOOKS LIKE DANIAL IS REACHING FOR THE DUDE HAND. ALSO THE ONE BEFORE THE LAST ONE. THE TWO OF THEM LOOKING OUT AT THE WATER. JUST SO SWEET.

    GRANNY LOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in...
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord help me I am crying over the sweetness of The Dude with Daniel. That man totally rocks and if you ever let him get away I am going to hurt you. Out of love. I would punish you with OSU or Michigan gear, and similar torture. Crap he reads your blog and now he will know I kinda dig him too. Oh well. I hope I can see you guys again soon. I mapped it. Only...a whole hell of a lot of hours drive to head your way instead. :/ But who knows. <3 Mom T

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.