buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Too much fun for one day

I took entirely too many pictures today. That's all there is to it.

Daniel and I went to the zoo - along with roughly 60 other kindergarten kids from his school. We got to spend the majority of the day there, and I only had him and one other little girl with me so we were able to really enjoy it. I even got to ride the school bus, which brought back some interesting memories from *cough* 20+ years ago.

I managed to narrow down the 300+ pictures that I took, and here are a few highlights....




Love the otters - they're always so playful, but hard to capture
with the camera.


Red Panda - only the second time I've actually seen one - they always
seem to hide from me.



Sad gorilla.

Timon!

He was a little worried about the hippo.

Obligatory dorky self-portrait.

Didn't even notice the heart at first.

She was a 'take charge' kind of gal.

Who wouldn't want to examine the poop???

Baby!

What's up with the hearts?
After we got back to the school, I ran home, grabbed the truck, grabbed The Dude, ran a couple of errands with him, got the boys from school, took The Dude home, ran a few more errands, dumped the boys at The Dude's house, and went to Sarah's track meet.

This girl....she amazes me. Seriously. She kicked some serious booty tonight.

Cruisin' 

Absolutely loving the green. Finally.

She ended up with 5th place in high jump...

4th in long jump.....

They got 2nd place in the 4x100 relay....

...and thanks to her amazing lead they got first in the 4x200 relay.
The weather was glorious and amazing and almost hot and sunny all day long - I even got a little bit of a sunburn. It's a good thing that I got to enjoy it today, because I get to go back to the zoo tomorrow with Alex and the rest of the 1st graders.....

.....when it'll be barely 60 degrees....

.....with a 60% chance of thunderstorms.....

.....and the possibility of snow tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Mother Nature needs to take some Xanax and get her sh*t together! Otherwise, looks like you had an amazing day. Hopefully tomorrow will be okay and the weather works out okay. Also, I gotta say, you have one very talented athletic daughter! I'm amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love this post. That's a great camera you got there!

    I would love to do more picture posts.. I just never get around to it... UGH.

    Your daughter is AMAZING. I hope you share with her all the amazing praise she gets from strangers throughout the country.

    :)

    Oh what's the first picture of? What animal is that?

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.