buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

There are days...

...when I seriously doubt my sanity.

...when I wonder if I'm really cut out for this whole motherhood thing.

...when my kids push me to the brink and I come *thisclose* to totally losing it.

...when it seems like the universe is out to get me and wants nothing more than to beat me down just a little bit harder.

...when all I want to do is crawl into bed and hide from the world.

I'm not going to lie. I'm going through a rough time right now. There are a lot of things that just aren't making my life very easy. There is so much drama right now that there are days when I seriously just want to run away from it all and hide somewhere warm and tropical with a fruity drink beer in my hand on a beach somewhere.

But the reality is that I can't do that. I can't go anywhere. I have to deal with the crap that is thrown at me - and as it's being thrown I have to decide if I want to catch it, drop it, or throw it back at someone. There are people who are making life difficult for me. There are situations that are beyond my control. There are choices to make and plans to implement and things to do - but somehow something always manages to get in the way.

Realistically - I know I'll get through it. I'm not sure how right now, but I know that I will. One, because I'm stubborn as hell and two, because I have no choice in the matter.

Kind of like my tulips that got frozen the other day - I was pretty sure that they were goners, but they survived. Maybe I need to take a lesson from the flowers.





3 comments:

  1. GOOD POINT. JUST MAYBE GOD JUST SHOWED YOU THE ANSWER. LISTEN.
    ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS JUST LOST HER SON OF 47.HE HAD DOWNS SYNDROME. SHE EVEN HAD TO PUT THIS WONDERFUL YOUNG MAN IN A NURSING HOME BECAUSE SHE COULDN'T TAKE CARE OF HIM ALONE ANYMORE. SHE OWNS A BUSINESS WITH PAYCHECKS TO BE HANDING OUT EVERY WEEK. HE USED TO COME TO WORK THERE FOR YEAR UNTIL HIS HEALTH WENT DOWN HILL. SHE DID ALL SHE COULD DO AS A MOTHER AND THEN SOME. I NEVER HEARD HER COMPLAIN ONCE IN ALL HER YEARS SHE HAD HIM. SHE MADE IT THROUGH. IT'LL BE A LONG TIME BEFORE SHE'S OVER HER LOST WHICH JUST HAPPEN A COUPLE WEEKS AGO. I JUST WONDER IF SHE HAS A TULIP IN HER YARD.BUT THEN KNOWING HER SHE'S COUNTING THE TIME SHE HAD WITH HIM. FOR SOME REASON WE DO MAKE IT IN THE END. YOU WILL ALSO. GRANNY
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy, it can be overwhelming at times can't it? You are definitely one determined gal and you will "survive"...Thinking of you and saying a prayer you get some peace and answers...before you have to scream!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First: I am so glad your flowers didn't let the frost get to them!

    Second: I firmly believe that when times are at their most difficult and when the $#!T is continuously hitting the fan... That there is a great reward coming. God makes you earn the great things, and I know that great things are coming your way.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.