buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Could it be........SPRING???

Maybe, just maybe...

When I walked out the door to take the boys to school this morning, I was greeted with this.


Within just a few hours, they had morphed into this.



At that point, I knew that it was time to get outside and start working on that flowerbed. However, because Mother Nature is evil, I knew that I couldn't do too much - because you know, it's supposed to freeze again.

Anyway, I started to clean up the area between the porch and the garage, dug the "gate" out from under the leaves and repaired that and rehung it, cleaned out the gutters (all 2 of them), put up a little trellis for this really annoying ivy-vine-thing-that-I-can't-seem-to-kill and did a little bit of weeding.



The rest of it can wait until after this next round of freezing weather - hopefully the leaves and crap around the rest of the tulips will keep them from freezing too much - but with my luck I'm sure that I've seen the last of the tulips in this flowerbed this year.

As for the backyard....that looks more and more ghetto every time I go back there...the naked ladies look good. I don't think they bloomed last year, so I'll be anxious to see what happens with them this year. I want to mark where they are since they'll totally disappear again - and I want to take them with us when we move.


And just in case you think I'm kidding about the weather around here....seriously, it's just about midnight right now. And it's 66 degrees outside. Tomorrow night at this time, it'll be 31 degrees.


1 comment:

  1. I love Naked Ladies. They have to be one of the coolest flowers. I've also heard them called Resurrection Lilies. I'm sure you can figure out why.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.