buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

A new start

Today was the day. My first day of work in almost 6 years.

I had to stop and really think about when the last time was that I worked. Daniel was just a bitty baby, maybe a month old - and I remember working that last shift all too well now because when I got home that night, the person who was supposed to be caring for him was passed out drunk. At that point, I knew that I couldn't continue to work unless I found a daycare that I could trust...but I wasn't allowed to do that. So instead, I stayed home.

I don't regret it a bit. I loved being at home. But now that the kids are in school, it'll be nice to go back to work even for just a few hours a week. The little bit of spending money will be nice, but I think just getting out of the house and having real live adult interaction on a regular basis will be the best part of it!

My first shift was good - it was a bit overwhelming, but it was good. I'm worn out and I was only there for a few hours, but I'll get used to that eventually. I'm actually looking forward to going back tomorrow, so that's a good thing!

Anyway, the day started out with the normal running around to get the kids to school. The ice was still coating everything, but the sun was shining bright and made for some good shots along the way - although the stupid flash kept going off and so you can see every speck of dirt on my windshield. Boo.


I did actually stop and roll down the window to get this
shot - and a bunch more. The deer are almost always
in this same spot, but usually not this many of them at once.





You can even see the ice on the power lines.

I just thought this was cool after getting the other picture
of them the other day.

4 comments:

  1. Cool Pics!

    Work can be rewarding.. not for the monetary but, for the fact that you get to see other people!!! Like... ADULTS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could find a way to not work for the rest of my life, I would... but unfortunately - for single parent families especially - if you don't work, you don't eat. So YAY work! Glad you found something that will accommodate your schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT KIND OF WORK ARE YOU DOING?I HOPE IT'S SOMETHING THAT YOU WILL GET ENJOYMENT FROM IT.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.