buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, March 4, 2013

Like a boss

I made a vow to myself yesterday that I was going to at least get my desk cleaned off today. I intended to do it first thing, but I kept getting distracted (imagine that).

On the plus side, one of those distractions was actually forcing myself to get outside and go for a walk.

It was cold. And windy. And muddy. But I did it. I only did about 2.5 miles, but I even managed to jog quite a bit of it, so progress is progress at this point, and it's another step toward my goal of not only doing the half-marathon but also getting healthier in general.

And I actually feel pretty good for getting out there and doing it. We'll just see if that continues through until morning.

After I got back home from that, The Dude and I went and grabbed a quick bite to eat and then ran some errands before he had to go to work. By then it was time for me to pick up the boys and then do supper and then go to Scouts and continue working on laundry and everything else. Finally, around the time that the boys went to bed, I started working on cleaning off my desk. I actually did more than I planned on doing, and cleaned off the top of the filing cabinet - which has always been a catch-all - and went through quite a bit of paperwork as well.

So all in all - while it wasn't a fun and exciting day - it was a productive day. I needed a day like this to actually help get me on the right track and maybe start getting some stuff accomplished around here. For real.

Tomorrow's plan? Other than the usual stuff, I'm going to do a few more miles, help The Dude change the oil in my van, scrub the bathroom, and maybe even mop some floors. And sew. I'm going to sew.


1 comment:

  1. Can you scrub my bathroom.

    I swear, that is the ONE chore that I HATE... I don't mind vacuuming...
    I don't mind dusting...
    Sweeping... not so bad...


    BATHROOMS... EWWWW GROSS... DON'T MAKE ME!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.