buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Your questions, answered.

In other words, I can't think of anything to write about tonight.

Last night's post blew me away. It was a fun one to write, but I was NOT expecting the response that it generated. In the past day, I have gotten more blog traffic than I usually get in a week - seriously. So needless to say, my head is spinning a bit. And when I can't think of anything profound to say, I ask the people on my facebook page to give me ideas...

So here we go....

Amanda asked: What are some good ways to break the ice after a fight with your spouse?
Oh boy - I am so not a good person to ask about this one. I have had two spouses - and I now have two ex-spouses, so needless to say, I am not good at breaking the ice after a fight with one of those. However, putting that aside, I would say that depending on the severity of the fight, you could try something simple like making a silly face at him, or cracking a joke. If that doesn't work, food is generally good. For me, a Snickers is a particularly good peace offering - I just can't be angry at anyone who hands me one of those little chunks of heaven. Make him a snack (or a meal if the fight was particularly ugly) and surprise him with it. Write him a note and stash it somewhere for him to find at an appropriate time. Of course, there's always the option of make-up sex, but I never really liked that one. I'm just the type of person who can't "get into it" if I'm angry (or even annoyed) with someone. But it works for some people.

Jennifer asked: When are you coming to Texas?!?!? LOL. :) You know I had to...I miss you lady. ♥
Haha! Yes, I would be disappointed if you didn't ask that, but I'm more disappointed to tell you that I don't know! Boo! I so want to come see you and the baby (more like babies at this rate) and yes, even your hubby, and I want you guys to meet The Dude - but until we get my wheels functioning again, I can't promise anything. I hate this - I just want to get them fixed, and not have to spend a fortune to do that. So we'll just wait and see. Besides, if we plan it right we can combine a trip to see you guys and my sister at the same time!

Kerry (aka The Dude) asked: What's the funniest thing you've ever seen or heard?
This is a tough one...because no matter how funny the situation, it just won't be as funny when I tell the story. However, the most recent thing that I can think of (and this might seriously jeopardize my PG rating on this page) just happened the other day. And realistically, the funny part is my reaction to what happened, rather than the event itself.

The Dude was heading out to the front porch to smoke and one of the boys (I won't reveal which one it was) asked if he could go outside as well. It was morning, and The Boy still had on his pajamas from the night before. I was sitting at my desk, which is right beside the front door. Anyway, The Dude was heading out the door and The Boy came running up saying "can I go out with you" but while he was saying it, he had his hands in front of him. You know, at about crotch level. The Dude and I both looked at him, and he moved his hands. He had obviously uh, been, uh, exploring his boy parts, and the results were quite pronounced, as he doesn't like to wear underwear with his pajama pants. Apparently, the look on my face was one of shock, surprise, and borderline horror, so The Dude busted up laughing. And when I say "busted up laughing" I mean that he was laughing so hard that he couldn't breathe, and almost fell flat on the floor! So of course, I started laughing. Which then made The Boy start laughing. Which of course, made everything worse. When The Dude finally came up for air, he told The Boy to go to the bathroom, which he did, and then we slowly returned to normal.

Mommys Nightmare asked: What are the craziest things your kids have done?
Oh my goodness...there are so many things! I could go into the gory details of how Jared projectile pooed on across the room when he was a baby and even managed to poo on the curtains, but since he was only a couple of weeks old I don't know if that counts or not.

Probably one of the craziest things that they've done as a group is their little "fashion shows". Normally, you would think of a kids' fashion show as little girls dressing up and strutting their stuff. But no - not my kids. Instead, it generally involves the girls making the boys dress up - in girl clothes. Complete with bras, that are generally worn on the outside of the clothing for whatever reason. They even do makeup at times. They just did it again today - I was doing some paperwork and the next thing I knew, Jared came strolling across the living room in a pink polka-dotted dress and high heels - with the bra over top of the dress. And he was thrilled to death to be doing it too!

And of course, since my camera died while we were on vacation, I didn't get the picture. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Just had to sneak a shot of me in there!

    Oh boy... the inappropriate 3D pajamas... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I had to do it! :P

      The pajamas. Oh my. I'm still giggling at your reaction to my reaction.

      Delete
  2. A GOOD CHRISTMAS STORY IN ABOUT 25 YEARS AT THE DINNER TABLE.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.