buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Random Thoughts and Stuff

I have a bunch of stuff on my mind right now. Too many things on my plate, too many things that I have to get done, too many things that I want to do, and not enough time or money to do any of it. I feel like I've spent the entire day on the phone - and I *hate* to talk on the phone. I really do.

The stress over trying to figure out how to get my van fixed is really starting to get to me. We've run into issues getting it to the dealership to get it diagnosed, but hopefully that will happen in the next day or two. Then once we know what's actually wrong with it, I can stress over how to fix it.

But on a positive note, my "garden" (which consists of two empty laundry detergent buckets and some jalapeno and tomato plants) is actually starting to produce some goodies!



I sort of started working on the sand plums last night. It wasn't really intentional, but I was on the phone last night (again, what's with the phone calls? but this one was long overdue and worth it) and I can't stand just sitting around on the phone doing nothing, so while I was talking I went through all of the sand plums and pulled all of the stems off of them. That's one of the most tedious parts of making the jelly, so at least it's done.

I don't know if Daniel isn't feeling good or what, but he fell asleep early tonight - way earlier than usual. So Alex and I hung out for a while this evening, and then I gave him a much needed and very overdue haircut.

I have spent most of the day trying to clean and do laundry and just get things done around the house. I know that the next few weeks are going to be busy with canning jelly, getting the kids ready to go back to school, trying to get the van fixed, and taking care of all of the normal stuff that I have to take care of on a daily basis. I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, so please bear with me if I seem a little cranky or irritable. Not to mention the whole lack of caffeine/nicotine......blah.

I need to make some lists. But I think before I do that, I need sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I spent about 17 hours in phone calls last week, mostly for work. I don't mind the phone, except when I HAVE to be on it. Today was a day where nothing really got accomplished here.

    I had a long tiring day after a long rough night and the idea of no caffeine or nicotine gives me the shakes!! I don't know how you do it all, Lady!! Take Care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, being on the phone that much would kill me. Plain and simple, I'd be dead. I hate the phone.

      I just ate an entire bag of atomic fireballs in order to avoid cigarettes. My tongue is numb.

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.