buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Playing on the roof (TMOART:12)

After the family reunion, we stopped back at my parents' house for a bit. We had only intended to stay for a short time so that we could get back to the campground for the kids to swim before bedtime, but that plan didn't work. When we got there, I found one of my brothers on the roof of the house.

ON. THE. ROOF.

OK, so he was cleaning the gutters and wasn't just up there playing around, but still....it looked like fun so I joined him for a bit. Heights have never bothered me, so I didn't even think about it while I was doing it. We cleaned out the gutters on the house, and then climbed up on the garage roof to do the same thing.




While I was up there, I missed the wildlife on the porch.



But I did get to see this beautiful little specimen who came to visit the day before the reunion.





Sadly, we didn't get to see any bears while we were there. We had The Dude all worried about getting eaten by a bear while we were camping, but we didn't see a single one on this trip. *sigh* Really about the only other wildlife that we dealt with was a couple of really rowdy raccoons the first night that we were camping. They were running amok around our tent for a couple of hours, squawking and getting into stuff at our neighbor's campsite - but of course we had left the camera in the van and didn't get any shots of them.

There's always next year.

2 comments:

  1. AND THEY SAY YOU CAN'T GO HOME. I DON'T BELIEVE IT. I'D MOVE HOME RIGHT NOW IF I COULD.HOW IS YOUR MOM?

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would move back in a heartbeat if I could, but it wouldn't be fair to the kids. So I'll just wait until they're out of school before I think about it.

      Mom is doing ok - she's had a couple more falls and has had some issues from those, but she seems to be getting around fairly well right now. Thanks for asking!

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.