buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Play ball!

It's been kind of a crazy couple of days around here. The older 3 kids weren't supposed to be back from their dad's house until tomorrow, but Ex1 had a family emergency and had to go back out of town, and so they came back to me yesterday instead. He called me on his way out of town and said that they had tickets to a baseball game for tonight (the kids had gotten them from school) and since they weren't going to use them, I'd be welcome to them.

Long story short, the older 3 kids went to the game with their aunt and uncle, and I took the younger two and went separately. The Dude had planned to go along, but since we were both dealing with some mild food poisoning, he opted to stay home - it hit him worse than it did me.












This kid can not keep teeth in his head anymore. LOL




Fight! Fight! Fight!





We had a lot of fun, we won 8-2, and we left. The older 3 kids decided that they were going to spend the night with their aunt and uncle, so they came home long enough to grab pajamas and clean clothes and they took off again....I swear I need a revolving door.

In other news throughout the day....we dragged most of the pile of limbs from the backyard to the front yard yesterday so that the trash guys could pick them up today. We didn't get them all moved because I just didn't feel like it - frankly, I felt like crap and didn't even want to do that much of it. But the boys had fun watching them get picked up this morning. We'll drag the rest out front this week so that they'll be gone on the next trash day.



I also stripped the boys' beds this morning....which then turned into a project of patching some holes in the wall. Apparently, many years ago, there used to be a door in this corner of the room that went out onto what we think was a porch but is now my laundry room. Anyway, they didn't do a very good job of covering the hole where the door was, and the drywall was cracked. And little boys just can't leave something like that alone - so they picked at it, especially when the bunk beds were still in that corner. Hopefully, now that it's all filled in, they'll leave it alone. Of course, the threats of being grounded until graduation might help a bit too.









So now, tomorrow....since I wasn't supposed to have all of the kids, and then I was supposed to have all of the kids, and now I'm not going to have all of the kids....I have to catch up on the laundry that I didn't get done before the older 3 came home early (and then left again) and I really need to get the grass cut...and I know that I had some other stuff on my list too, but I forget what that was for some reason....

Yeah. I need that clone.

4 comments:

  1. Your elder girl is BROODING in that picture!
    hahahaha Teen Angst!

    You are a MacGuyver Gal, and I think it's wonderful!

    I think we'd be close friends if we lived... closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she hates to get her picture taken anymore - and she's not a huge baseball fan, so she just wasn't really impressed with the whole scenario!

      My former coworkers used to call me MacGuyver - I was always fixing stuff around the office! LOL And I think you're right - we could definitely hang out!

      Delete
  2. THE PICTURE OF YOUR SON WITH THE TEETH GONE,YOU SHOULD SEND IT TO ELLEN. I BET SHE'D SHOW IT ON HER SHOW. I LOVE THE LOOK IN HIS EYES. SO FUNNY.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That poor kid just can't keep any teeth in his head - he's waited and waited for teeth to fall out, and then suddenly they just all started falling out at once! It's hysterical to listen to him talk.

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.