buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The girls' race and our crazy weather

Since the weather wasn't supposed to hit until tonight, I decided to take the boys and go out to the girls' race this morning. They did a 5K with their uncle and stepmother, and they kicked some serious butt! This race didn't use chip timing, so they didn't get official times, but they did really well! Sarah actually got second place for her age group!




The sky looked super-cool this morning on the way to the race (first picture) but then got progressively uglier as the day went on...




And then here are a few videos that I shot just of the clouds and the wind. I really wish I could figure out how to get the quality on these to come out better, but I need to play around with the camera and see if I can figure it out.





And this one....see if you can hear what my neighbor was saying!



For now, the worst of the storms seem to have passed us. We had a close call about an hour ago and I started to get nervous, but it skirted around us and went more north. There's another bunch of cells that I'm watching, but it'll be a few hours before they get here. Hopefully they just die out before they get here, but with this storm system it's hard to tell what they're going to do. All I know is that it's going to be a late night for me - I sleep entirely too hard to risk going to sleep and have a storm come through - so I'll just stay up and monitor them until they're all gone.

I'm really hoping that the worst is done, and that it was another case of getting everyone fired up for nothing. Yes, there have been several tornadoes, but I don't think that it's been anywhere near as bad as they were predicted to be. We'll just have to wait and see once it's all done - and then I can laugh at myself for getting worked up about it.

2 comments:

  1. DON'T EVER TAKE A STORM LIGHTLY. I'VE BEEN IN SOME GOOD ONES.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.