buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Time for me to brag...

We had parent/teacher conferences for the older 3 kids today. After I picked the boys up from their schools, we flew to the conferences.

Although, I do have to say that after driving the She-Beast for so long, I constantly listen for strange sounds when I'm driving. As I was tearing along, I heard this sound. A very strange thwack thwack thwack coming from the right side of the van. I checked the dash - no strange lights. I jiggled the steering wheel - felt ok. Thwack thwack thwack...it kept going. I slowed down a bit, and so did the noise.

Crap. I'm already running late. If I pull over to check and it's nothing, I'm going to be really late. What do I do?

Suddenly I looked down at the floorboard in front of the front passenger seat and I saw Daniel's backpack laying there. I started to realize what the sound was. I carefully reached down to grab the backpack, and it wouldn't budge. Sure enough, I had closed the strap in the door. Mystery solved.

Full speed ahead at that point.

We got to the conferences with about 30 seconds to spare. They all went well. Out of the 3 kids, there were maybe 2 B's and the rest were all A's. They are model students, performing above grade level in almost every area. The teachers had nothing but wonderful things to say about all of them.

It's time like that when I realize that we must be doing something right. Thankfully Ex1 and I have gotten to a point where we can communicate better about everything that is happening and we have gotten into a good routine with the kids. While splitting custody is never ideal, we are making it work - and today helped to prove that.

I just can't wait to get to the point that we can move - if we stick to our current plan, that will happen no later than the summer of 2013. At that point, all of my kids will be going to school in the same district, and life will be so much easier on all of us, but most importantly it will be easier for the kids. They won't have to get up so early to get to school when they're with me, and they'll get home earlier. It's a smaller town where I won't have to worry so much about letting the kids go outside to play without me being on them every single second, and they'll be able to walk to their friends' houses easier. It'll just be better for everyone. I would love to be able to do it now, but we have to get some bills paid off first. It's frustrating, but having that goal in mind is keeping me focused on what I need to do.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Yay! Tulips!



6 comments:

  1. The Tulips are beautiful.

    And I'm glad you have some smartie kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not sure how I missed these comments...sorry!

      The entire flower bed is full of tulip buds - I'm hoping that they all bloom at the same time. We shall see!

      Delete
  2. TULIPS, YUP TULIPS,LUCKY YOU. I HAVEN'T SEEN A TULIP IN YEARS.BOOHOO.I READ YOUR STORY THIS MORNING TO GRAMPS. LOL AT THE SCRAP. YOU MAKE OUR DAY.

    I HOPE THE DUDE IS FEELING BETTER.

    JUST A GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's getting there, Granny. It's just hard to see him in pain all of the time, but I'm pretty sure that we'll be able to get him back up on his feet shortly! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. That's so great to hear about the kids and the tulips.

    We had parent conferences a few weeks ago and out of 78 kids on my roster, I met with 3 sets of parents. The rest just didn't bother to show. I guess that's why their kids think education is a waste...

    You're a great mom! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...3 out of 78? That is unreal! The kids' school really pushes the issue with the conferences. I don't know that they're "mandatory" but they push until you agree to go. And they will NOT hold separate conferences for me and Ex1 - we have to go together, which is perfectly fine in my book. That way we both know that we're hearing the same thing and there's no manipulation.

      I did go back and count as I filed the kids' report cards - for the 3 kids together, there were 16 As and 3 Bs. Not too shabby! ;)

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.