buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

We love our NASCAR....

.....but dang it if this wasn't the longest race in history!


I started out watching it with Alex and Daniel - they love to watch the races with me. We started out with Daniel laying across my lap, playing with his Jeff Gordon car. They didn't get to watch much of it since they had to go to bed, but they enjoyed the little bit that they saw.

Ever since I started watching NASCAR, I've been a Jeff Gordon fan. People either love him or hate him - I'm used to getting a hard time about it. Daniel and I had the chance to see his car in Wichita last summer, and he just thought that it was the neatest thing ever.

And here's a funny story....Daniel's birthday is June 10, 2007. It was a Sunday. I had him just before noon (or was it just after noon?) that day. And as soon as all of the birth hubbub was over and I got my lunch, I got to watch the race....from my (hospital) bed...with my beautiful newborn son in my arms.

Guess who won that day?

Jeff Gordon.

:)

2 comments:

  1. :) I know I give you a lot of crap about NASCAR, but it's only cuz I love you. :P I get a lot of flack for football, so I suppose we're even. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMY, JEFF HAS GROWN UP SINCE GETTING MARRIED. I EVEN ENJOY SEEING HIM ON DIFFERANT SHOWS. YOU CAN SEE HOW MUCH HE LOVES HIS BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN. THE LITTLE BOY LOOKS JUST LIKE HIM. A MINI JEFF. SO CUTE.I WATCHED THE RACE UP TILL THEY WERE CLEANING UP THE MESS FROM THE WRECK. THEN AS YOU SAY, GOOD NIGHT WORLD CAME INTO PLAY.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.