buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Just blah.

Today has just been one of those days.

My friend and I got up this morning and talked some more about her situation, but she couldn't stay around too long because she had to get back to her kids, who had spent the night at their grandparents' house. So once we got up and moving, we headed back down that direction. For a lot of different reasons, she's going to stay in the town where they live (about 50 miles from here) for now, knowing that they are always welcome to come here any time that they need to do so. She's really struggling with their situation, but I know that she will make it through it all - she's a very strong person and she's a fighter.

On the way back here, the boys and I stopped at the library and picked up some movies and a few books before we came home. We just hung around the house for most of the day while I finished cleaning up and reorganizing everything. I'm glad that I got the rearranging done - it's something that I've been wanting to do for a while, and now that it's done I really like how it came out.

I tried really hard to not do anything this afternoon, but of course that didn't work out the way that I had planned. I ended up stripping all 3 of the boys' beds and remaking them, washed the curtains in my now-bedroom after I realized how incredibly nasty they were, worked on my taxes, and did a few other odds and ends around the house.

We did have a little bit of excitement with a tiny little storm that came and went in about 15 minutes. The boys loved watching the hail come down, even though it didn't really amount to much.

But now, I am in a really horrible mood. I'm tired and cranky and sore and moody and I either want to beat the snot out of something or curl up in a ball and cry, but the tired is starting to take over so I think I might actually just go to bed and see if I can sleep through the night without any bizarre dreams. With my luck I'll be awake every few hours again, trying to determine if the last dream I had was just a dream or reality. (In case you haven't figured it out, yes, it's PMS time for me. Deal with it.)

Here's hoping that tomorrow is a better day.

2 comments:

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.