buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Back to Reality

So today was our first day back from our quickie little weekend getaway.

I got everything unpacked and pretty much put away, not that there was very much. And, there was actually less than what I left with, since my bottle of shampoo and my container of baking soda (I use it on my face - better than soap) are still sitting in the hotel bathroom. Oops.

We did come home with something new - this was the favor from the wedding (sorry for the crappy picture quality, but taking a picture of a picture never works well). They had an actual photo booth for all of the guests to use - they printed out two strips of the pictures and we got to keep one and then one got attached to scrapbook paper and we wrote a message to the bride and groom on it. I had never seen that at a wedding before, and just thought that it was such a unique idea. So now the happy couple has a whole scrapbook of goofy photo booth pictures of all of the guests at the wedding, with personal notes from everyone.

Now it's back to reality. I haven't really done much of anything today. It always seems like after I get back from a trip, whether it's a long vacation or just a short weekend thing, I always end up in a bit of a funk afterwards. The same thing happened after our road trip last summer - I get so excited and anxious and stressed out leading up to the trip or event, and then afterwards I just kind of crash and feel blah.

I keep looking around at the house, at things that I want to get done and that I had planned to do today, and I just don't feel like doing anything. Honestly, I feel like just crawling into bed and going to sleep (I know - that wouldn't be a bad idea) and I might do that shortly...but there are some things that I *should* do tonight - and maybe actually forcing myself to do something will make me feel a little bit better. But on the flip side of that, if I get involved in doing something, I might end up staying up half the night and just being exhausted again tomorrow.

Ugh. Decisions, decisions.....

That's it. The bed wins. I'm going to dump the rest of the crap off of it, turn off all of the lights, and crash. And it's not even 10pm.

Tomorrow is another day.

12 comments:

  1. The photo booth is an awesome idea! Glad you had fun.
    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun - the photo booth and the whole weekend! I still have a ton of pictures to post, but I just haven't gotten that far yet.

      Delete
  2. Cute idea on the photobooth AND bed is an AWESOME idea for you!!! NITE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bed was wonderful, Mare - I think I woke up once around 3am when a little boy crawled in with me, and then I didn't wake up again until the alarm went off. I feel a little bit better, but still kind of blah - it just takes time.

      Delete
  3. REST,IF YOUR BODY IS TELLING YOU TO REST, THEN REST.
    THE WORK WILL BE THERE TOMORROW. YOU CAN HAVE A WORK PARTY AND MAKE IT A GAME WITH REWARDS.

    LOVE THE PICTURES. HOW FUN.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I got rest. I think I slept about 8 hours. I'm getting some stuff done today, but not near as much as I should be....but it'll all get done eventually.

      Delete
  4. The picture booth was a great idea and so much fun.
    Babes, I'm always here, if you need me to bust out the chainsaw and chase off the funk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs Amy, to help with the blue funk. I'm in a bit of one myself right now. Take your time and try not to stress about things that aren't done. They'll all get done in the big picture, in time. xox

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're exactly right, Katie. It just takes a little bit of time. I went over to The Dude's house today and ended up taking a nap - guess I was more tired than I thought. I'm just going to hang out around the house tonight and try to get some stuff done and work through the funk, and I'll be back to normal in a day or two! :)

      Delete
  6. It seems like that always happens.. you get back and need a vacation from your vacation.. Atleast for me anyway!! We finally got internet so I am stopping in to say hi!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny though, because this was really just an overnight trip - but there was so much planning going into it that I really just crashed once we got back. But, I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. So happy to see your new little guy - he's gorgeous!

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.