buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Holy wow what a day!

When I woke up this morning, these were my plans for the day:

1. Take Alex to school.
2. Get gas.
3. Take Daniel to school and have his parent/teacher conference.
4. Go to Wichita to get Daniel's new Social Security card.
5. Pick Alex up from school.
6. Pick Daniel up from school.
7. Go home and be a vegetable.

Easy day, right?

*insert maniacal laughing here*

It started off according to plan. I took Alex to school and then got gas in the van. Then Daniel and I came home and got ready for the day.

First 2 plans done.

Then on the way to school, as I pulled out of the side street by my house, we got sidetracked.






OK, so he's not my favorite driver (duh), but it's NASCAR dammit, and it was around the corner from my house. Literally. We had to stop. Really.

Then off to Daniel's conference, which went well. He's on the verge of reading sight words, and his general smarts have his teacher completely and totally floored. He's way ahead of where he "should" be - surprise, surprise, surprise. I am so stinkin' proud of my kids.

Then a marathon run to Wichita to sit and wait at the Social Security office for what seemed like forever, but I got everything taken care of and should get his new card in the mail in the next couple of weeks.

OK, so cross the conference and the Social Security thing off of the list.

I picked Alex up from school, and then thought that I could buzz into the bank to get Daniel's name changed on his bank account. Turned out that it would take too long to do that right then, so we left to go get Daniel....and we had to run back so that Alex could see the car too.



....and then made a spur-of-the-moment run to Sonic for beverages and then to the dealership to order the part for the van door.

On my way back through town, I noticed a whole bunch of radio station and news vans parked around the train station. Having no clue what was going on, I posted something on facebook and found out that Martina McBride was going to be in town for something-or-other.

Oooooooohhhh really?

Then back to the bank. Name change completed.

Wait, how many things just got added to the list of not-much-to-do-today?

Then to the house. Boys into the stroller for an almost-sprint for the almost-mile to the train station to see Martina.

Hey, that wasn't on the list either.


Local radio personalities




Some of our finest



Here she comes!








Um, yeah.




Man, I wish I was taller....




Some *ahem* nice lady gave the boys train whistles. Gee, thanks lady.


So after Martina spoke for about 2 minutes (literally) and then disappeared, we walked back home.



So we got home. Ate supper....well, the boys had banana bread and then crashed. Hard. I realized that I had kinda' sorta' forgotten to eat anything all day, so I made some supper for me, then did some sewing while I watched Biggest Loser and Parenthood and cleaned the house at the same time.

Scary thing is that I feel like I forgot to do something today. Besides eat, I mean.

I hate that.

But it was a good day.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a monster crazy day! But sounds damn fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Monster crazy day" - I may have to borrow that, because that sums it up perfectly! :)

    Forgot to add - the 88 was actually a 24 in disguise - Jeff Gordon was the last driver to use that car and then it was redone to be an 88 show car. So technically, it was the right car. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just never know what the day will bring. Love Martina! Thanks for sharing your fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that the truth? I so thought it was going to be an easy day....

    BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and MY day was busy??? NOT! sounds like an awesome one though! Oh, and do I have to set a reminder to tweet you to eat??? lol DON"T FORGET TO EAT MISSY! You need to stay well...your life COULD get busy and then wth would you do if you got down?? (J/K of course! but not kidding about tweeting you to eat LOL!)
    Thanks for sharing your totally awesome day...
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mare, you might have to! I tend to forget about eating at times because I'm just running so much.....

    But now, I'm going to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Plap that's a lot of stuff!

    You got a picture of Martina!!! AWESOME!!!!

    And she rode on a Martina Train? My kid would have loved the train!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's doing this cross-country thing to raise money for breast cancer and to promote her album. She was actually born in Kansas so she had to make a stop here somewhere. We're just lucky that we actually have an Amtrak station here in town!

    The boys were definitely more enthralled with the train than anything else - and the way that the station is set up, you can be RIGHT THERE when the train pulls in - I mean, you can touch it if you want to. I didn't try it, because I didn't want to be tackled by security, but that's how close you can get. It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.