buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mother Nature should be shot

Two days ago, it was 72 degrees outside. Yesterday was beautiful, though not as warm. Today, it was cold and gross. We had a thunderstorm this afternoon complete with sleet and hail. Now, guess what? Yep. The ground is covered with snow. SNOW!!! But it's supposed to be in the 60s and 70s most of the week.

I spent the day cleaning and organizing, because well, that's what I do. As I was buzzing around the house, I had the fleeting thought that I should put the kids' winter coats away, since they're hanging on hooks in the living room and look ugly. Luckily it was only a fleeting thought. Guess I'll wait until June to wash them and put them away.

I didn't get nearly as much cleaning done as I would have liked to, but the living room looks significantly better. I got my desk cleaned off and did a ton of shredding - it's amazing how quickly the "to be shredded" pile grows when the shredder itself has self-destructed. But, I finally splurged the other night and bought a new one and broke it in quite nicely today. I could probably fill a 55-gallon trash bag with everything that I need to shred - like laundry, that seems like a never-ending job. But, it's part of my Master Plan to get the house cleaned up and organized. I have a massive pile of paper that I need to go through and either file or shred, but that will be tackled a bit at a time.

My 5 year old left to go with his father late tonight, and won't be home until after noon tomorrow - I had hoped to get out and walk in the morning since I'll be down to just one kid, but that's not going to happen with Mother Nature throwing a hissy fit. I did get out yesterday and did 6 miles with the stroller, so my pace wasn't so good - but at least I did it.

And of course with the time change last night, I was all sorts of messed up when I got up this morning. But, I did manage to drag myself off of the futon at 9:30, got showered and dressed and got the boys dressed and we made it to church by 10:03. Not too shabby - we just had a huge breakfast when we got back home.

So, on tap for tomorrow is more cleaning (go figure), laundry (imagine that), probably no walking (grrrr...), and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to bust out the sewing machine to work on a few projects that have been sitting near the machine taunting me for the past couple of months. I swear, I am going to get them done. Soon. Oh, and of course I have about a dozen phone calls to make and all the other mom-ish stuff that has to be done.

But for now, I think I am going to throw in a DVD to eradicate any more mentions of basketball coming from the TV, and I am going to go to sleep. With only the 3 year old here, I have the opportunity to sleep in a bit tomorrow, and so help me, I'm going to take advantage of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.