buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, January 10, 2011

A blog? Really??

So....Where to start? I was messing around on facebook (admittedly one of my worst habits) and being a goofball as usual, I posted a picture of my old ugly boots that I had busted out due to the lovely Kansas weather. I captioned the picture something like "Oh, old ugly boots, how I have missed you". One of my friends piped up and told me that I should start a blog....some discussion ensued, another friend helped set it up, and here I am.

I am just an ordinary person. I'm a single mom who is about to turn 40 and finalize her divorce in just days. I have 5 mostly wonderful kids who keep me busier than most. I stay at home, errrrr, I don't have employment outside of the home but I'm rarely home. I used to have an in-home daycare, but because we had to move I had to close it and reapply and basically start over. That process has started, but it takes time to get everything going again.

My kids range in age from 3 1/2 to 11. The youngest three are boys and the older two are girls. My oldest three came from my first marriage. Then I went through what I like to call my Post-Divorce Rebellious Phase, and surprise! I got #4. I remarried and had the fifth one. So yes, I have 5 kids with 3 different fathers - which adds to the confusion that is my life.

My life hasn't been easy - I've made some craptastic choices and I've been paying the prices in multitudes of ways. But, I try to approach life with a semi-decent attitude, and if I can't do that, a good dose of sarcasm usually helps. I am fiercely independent and hate hate HATE to ask anyone for help with anything, so I usually end up with interesting stories of my escapades - which people seem to think will make some interesting reading for the masses. So, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

DISCLAIMER: I am doing this via phone - please forgive me now for typos and auto-correct fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.